Our school system provides two limited accident insurance policies
and a voluntary full-featured general accident insurance policy.
Offered – Limited benefit secondary accident insurance policies
NRMPS purchased two different accident insurance polices for your child. These two policies are for all students who have accidents while at school. It pays benefits after any primary insurance pays, but may not pay 100 percent of the medical bills after an athletic injury. Primary insurance coverage is still recommended.
2. NCSBT Student and Athletic No-Fault Medical Insurance Packet
Additional information for Parents
- Both plans have limited benefits and require the student’s primary insurance to pay first before the claim will be considered for payment.
- The student must see doctor within 60 days of the injury.
- Although there is a section on both claim forms which must be completed by a school official, it is the parent’s responsibility to file the claim.
- K and K Insurance: Claim form should be completed and submitted within 90 days of the injury
- NCSBT Insurance: Claim form must be submitted within one year of the accidental injury, and will be considered for payment only after the primary and student accident pays.
Voluntary – Full featured accident insurance policy you can purchase
Our school system has selected the Student Insurance Plan with K&K Insurance Group to provide parents with full featured accident coverage in school and away from school. If you don’t have other insurance, this is an option you can consider. Additionally, even if you have other coverage, this plan can help fill expensive “gaps” caused by deductibles and co-payments. (As “primary” insurance, this voluntary student accident insurance pays even if you have other medical coverage.) Parents may purchase coverage at any time during the school year by visiting www.studentInsurance-kk.com or by completing and mailing the application form below. (Note that although you may enroll at any time, the cost is the same regardless of the enrollment date.) There are several levels of coverage to fit a range of budgets.
Questions: Call the service broker, American Advantage Marketing Group, at 800.232.9601
If your child has an accident at school
- Parents will be informed of the accident and provided with insurance claim forms.
- You may also print out the forms yourself (see Insurance Packets above)
- Look over and complete one of the two insurance packets.
- Submit the completed form to the principal at the student’s school.